Today we are both reviewing the Simple Hydration water bottle. I love that this a small business. The inventor of this bottle and owner of the company is an Ironman and runner. He took a lot of care in creating this design. And I think it works great!
This is a great bottle for a shorter run or perhaps for hike with the wife and friends. A large cap allows for the addition of ice and good access to clean the bottle.
The lip does a great job of holding the bottle wherever it is placed. Even with the bounce in my stride, I never felt like the bottle was going to fall out.
The manufacturer recommends that the bottle be tucked into shorts or tights that have a drawstring. Just make sure you don't tie the string too tight; you need to be able to get the bottle in an out without too much effort.
As an added benefit, the bottle served as a constant reminder to keep proper form.
I carried the bottle in the small of my back, so it reminded me to keep my back straight. For runners like me, who struggle to keep good form, this was a nice additional benefit. The cold water also made me feel a little cooler on my hot, humid, North Florida runs.
I used the bottle on several single track trail runs. I must say that before I headed out on the run, I was concerned that after a few minutes the bottle would be in my hand, not on my waist. Even as I slipped on the wet trail, the bottle managed to stay put. I really like having a bottle of water that I did not have carry in my hand. The bottle easily slipped in and out of the draw string of my running shorts.
Very handy to use! Will hold 13 ounces. This seems to be the perfect amount for a five to ten mile run. I would even say it can go further if there is a water fountain or someplace I can refill it during my run. For a distance in the double digits and no hope of a water station, I'd probably carry two of these. I've seen a few photos of athletes with the Simple Hydration bottle in Ironman events, running with two bottles tucked into the waist.
I wore mine tucked into a racebelt. It held snug on several long trail runs and during a local race.
The shape of the bottle fits comfortably - even if you decide just to carry it instead. It is a softer, more pliable plastic, and does not feel rigid like the Nalgene type bottles. Look closely and you will see grooves in a pattern four across; these grips keep the bottle from getting slippery in your waistband or your hand.
Finally, it just pops in the dishwasher - so very easy to care for.
Pretty cool, huh? Want to win one? Check out our giveaway below to enter and win your very own!
Terms of the Giveaway:
1) Giveaway begins Friday September 6 and ends Thursday September 12th at midnight. Winner will be announced on this blog, and notified on Friday, September 13th, 2013.
2) Must be 18 years or older to enter. Must be a U.S. resident. Winner must provide a US mailing address to receive prize.
3) Sign in through Rafflecopter below to enter. With your first entry, the app will only capture your e-mail or facebook name. This is so we can reach you if you win, in accordance with sweepstakes terms. We will ONLY use the info provided to contact you if you win.
4) There are additional opportunities for multiple entries.
5) Winner will receive one (1) Simple Hydration water bottle. No cash value.
6) One winner will be chosen at random using the rafflecopter app below.
7) In the event winner does not respond to contact attempts via e-mail or facebook name provided within a one week period, another winner will be selected at random.
8) Void where prohibited.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure of Material Connection: No financial compensation was received. We received two Simple Hydration bottles, one for review and one to giveaway. Regardless, weonly recommend products or services we believe will be good for our readers. All opinions stated are our own. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”