It seems like all the cool running kids are coming up with names for their racing seasons. Here are a couple of examples:
Not to be left out, let me introduce my race season name #DopeyAintEnuf!
I started contemplating a name for my race season a couple of months ago.
No offense to Dopey, he and I go way back... but my running journey has brought me a long way in just one year.
I can't believe it was one year ago that I had just completed my first marathon (Running for the Bay) and was gearing up for my second (Space Coast), and then my first multi-day challenge: the Inaugural Dopey Challenge.
The months of training was a lot of hard work, but completing the Dopey Challenge just left me with a taste for more.
More multi-day challenges
And that is what I am going for this year.
Originally, DisneyBride did not like the name, her Inner Grammar Cop was silently screaming. We batted a couple of other ideas around but never came to a decision. Weeks passed and this package from Tervis arrived one day in the mail.
Apparently, a marathon is just not enough for me anymore. I am either crazy (current leading theory) or I just haven't found my limit yet. Either way, my upcoming schedule features a couple of marathons, several halfs, a pair of multi-day events, and my first ultra. Some guys make their wives sports widows, I guess this season my wife will be a running widow.
Here are the current races on the #DOPEYAINTENUF schedule (subject to more crazy additions):
- Oct. 4th Tower of Terror 10 Miler
- Oct 11th Pine Run 20K
- Nov 27th Tallahassee Turkey Trot 5K
- Nov 30th Space Coast Marathon
- Jan 3rd Swamp Forest Trail Half Marathon
- Jan 8th WDW 5K- Dopey Challenge
- Jan 9th WDW 10K- Dopey Challenge
- Jan 10th WDW Half Marathon- Dopey Challenge
- Jan 11th WDW Marathon- Dopey Finale
- Feb 15th Destin Beach Ultra Runs 50K
- Feb 21st Gasparilla Distance Classic 15K & 5K - Ultra Challenge
- Feb 22nd Gasparilla Distance Classic Half Marathon & 8K - Ultra Challenge
- Mar 1st Excalibur 10 Miler
A few other races may get inserted into the calendar in the upcoming weeks. This racing thing has really become an addiction. Follow me on Instagram and Twitter; I'm @Disney_Groom on both platforms. And check in with the blog for more on my running Odyssey as it unfolds.
What does your race season look like?
Are you running a Turkey Trot this week?