Recently, Nutrition 53 reached out to us to try out some of their protein mixes. They offer a wide selection of nutritional supplements and we opted to sample their vegan products.
The company itself has an interesting origin.
For Nutrition53's founder and CEO Bill Romanowski, performance isn't just a passion; it's a way of life. In his NFL career that included an unprecedented 243 consecutive games highlighted by five Super Bowls, he learned firsthand the power of nutrition from the leaders in the field. In his 16th NFL season, Bill's quest took an urgent new turn: the concussions on the football field had robbed him of his memory. Bill brought together the world's best doctors, scientists, and nutritionists to arrive at a formulation that would fully restore his mental function. The result was Neuro1, Nutrition53's first formula.So unlike your typical nutrition shake company - this one isn't just about just fat loss or muscle gains. Their products are geared towards a range of health and fitness areas, including brain performance and sleep.
From staying lean to sleeping well, feeling energized and thinking clearly, Nutrition53 provides real tools and answers to help you achieve your very best and "live like you mean it."
The rundown on Vegan1
- 20g of plant-based protein
- 10 fruits and vegetables
- 22 vitamins and minerals
- Active Enzymes
- Antioxidant protection
- 5g of dietary fiber
- 100% all natural
- Can be used as meal replacements. I've enjoyed them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (on different days). These shakes are nutritionally complete. So, if you aren't able to sit down for a meal - just mix up a scoop with your liquid of choice and you are all set.
- Conveniently available in single serve packets or tubs.
- You can go to this link and request a free sample: http://www.nutrition53.com/collections/free-sample-vegan1
- I'd rate the taste as Very Good. I always mix my protein shakes with vanilla flavored rice milk or almond milk - because I like some sweetness. You can mix with juice or water, and add sweetener or fruit to customize the taste to your liking.
- 4 flavors to choose from. The universal Vanilla and Chocolate of course, but also Chai and Banana. Chocolate is my fave, and I also really liked the Chai!
- I've yet to see Nutrition 53 products in brick and mortar stores, at least near me in North Florida. You can easily find them online though.
Beyond the 'shake'
If you are someone who doesn't like having traditional shakes all the time, try being a little creative in the kitchen. You can add Vegan1 to your brownies, cookies, cereal, oatmeal, and more.
Chia pudding is something I make often, and this time I added a bit of banana Vegan1.
My go to Protein Powerhouse Pudding Recipe:
- 1 scoop of Vegan1 (any flavor)
- 5 or 6 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 10 oz of non-dairy milk (I used chocolate almond milk)
- Optional: 1 banana, handful of berries, 2 tablespoons flax , a natural sweetener of your choice (I don't add sweetener to mine, as any added fruit is sweet enough for me. You might like it a bit sweeter though - my husband does, as do my coworkers who have tried it.)
Blend all ingredients until fruit is no longer chunky. (Mixture may be a bit thick and will get thicker as it sits.) Pour into small pudding cups or jars. Don't fill all the way to the top because the chia seeds will expand. Store in fridge for at least 2 hours; overnight is better. I like to grab one in the morning for my breakfast, or take one to work to have with my lunch.
Now - it's time for the Giveaway!
Nutrition53 is allowing me to give away prizes to TWO lucky winners. The winners will each receive one tub of Vegan1 (1.5 lb.) and a shaker bottle. Review the terms below and then enter via the rafflecopter widget.
Terms of the Giveaway
1) No Purchase Necessary.
2) Giveaway begins Wednesday June 3, 2015 and ends Tuesday June 9, 2015 at midnight. Winner will be announced on the Facebook page and this blog post. He or she will be notified Wednesday, June 10, 2015.
3) Must be 18 years or older to enter. Must be a U.S. resident.
4) Two (2) winners will be selected. Approximate retail value is $46.98 each prize pack.
5) Sign in through Rafflecopter below to enter. With your first entry, the app will capture your e-mail or facebook name. This is so we can reach you if you win, in accordance with sweepstakes terms. Your contact info will ONLY be used to contact you if you win.
6) There are additional opportunities for multiple entries.
7) The winner will be chosen at random using the rafflecopter app below. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received.
8) In the event winner does not respond to contact attempts via e-mail or facebook name provided within a one week period, another winner will be selected at random.
9) Void where prohibited.